Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a walk in hermann park....5/6/09

Walking around the park I think what is real, and what is a dream? To my left I see a golf green and several trees. The trees, which are mostly pines, stand tall in the air while the sun shines through the leaves and right to my hair. Some people sit in benches, while others walk the gravel track. I come upon a green light post that I feel is fit to lean on. I front of me is a golf green and beyond that a pond and a parking lot. Two guys have just teed off and are on their way to hit their second shot. One is riding around in a golf cart while the other carrying his golf bag on his back.
The game of golf requires total concentration. Your opponent is yourself. Only you can truly beat you. The goal is to get the ball in the hole with the least amount of trees. Maybe the same can be said about life. We all have holes (goals) that we strive to achieve. Some may make in on "par" which is what is expected of them, while others may reach the hole in fewer tries resulting in a birdie or an eagle. In life people achieve what is exactly expected of them, or maybe they make a birdie or an eagle and surprise the nay sayers and maybe themselves. Still yet, a larger group finds themselves arduously trying to reach their goals, and then finally give up. There is a special breed of person who stays out when all the other "golfers" have gone home, still trying to make it in the hole. Others said quit and give in . The strongest of all human spirits says "never shall I give in". I will dream, bleed, and die in agony if I have to, in order to get my ball in the hole. He/she may want to quit, but something inside them does not give. I believe that it is the ancient spirit of those who have taken this journey before us who looked within themselves and faced their "demons". They did not look away and pretend they were not there, or try and go around them. The heroes of past broke through and were set free. They "won" the race. It's easy to give in, and harder to win. The code of the designer lies within us all to be found. Never cease to unlock the deep mysteries that lie within you. Life is a journey and only the beginning to something greater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment